Habit

It's widely accepted that it takes 90 days to break a habit. First though, it's important that the habit is something that is undesirable. It doesn't matter that a habit annoys other people. It has to be something that causes more pain than enjoyment to the habit-or or habit-ess.

I've bitten and picked my nails since age 9. It's irksome. My parents tried different techniques. Like chastising and then some more chastising. When I got older I tried growing my nails, wearing fake nails (whatever their called), and grooming with nail polish.

But, when it comes down to it, I really don't care. When I'm working on a sculpture, photography, or the occassional needlepoint long nails just get in the way. So, I don't care enough to break the habit, especially not for 90 days.

Comments

Popular Posts